Welcome to the IE Impact page where you can choose and enroll for a specific course topic in the Humanities.
IE IMPACT is a multi-bachelor, multi-school academic program for all IEU students aimed at helping students develop into leaders of positive change.
IE IMPACT includes three “pillar courses” in IE’s core values: the Humanities, Technology and Entrepreneurship. It culminates in a fourth, hands-on course called the IE Challenge.
In the Humanities pillar, you are able to choose a course among a diverse selection of topics where you will have the opportunity to learn with students from across IEU’s schools. All of the topics offered will help you to develop a humanistic approach to critical thinking, decision-making and inter-personal relationships.
Below you will find key information about how to enroll in a specific course topic, as well as detailed information about each course topic offered by our diverse faculty this Spring.
- The following students are required to enroll in a Humanities course topic:
- 1st year single degree students
- 1st year BBABIR, BBADBA, and PPLEDBA students
- 2nd year BBABID and BIEBIR students
- The enrollment period opens November 21st at 12-noon and runs until December 2nd at 11:59.
- Enrollment into one of the topics is done on a first-come, first-served basis so if you want to take a specific course topic, then be sure to enroll as soon as the enrollment period opens.
- Once a course topic is full, a red bar will appear under the topic indicating that there are no seats available and the system will not allow to complete the enrollment.
- There are no Wait Lists; if your first choice is full then enroll in another course topic.
- On each campus, Humanities topics are taught on the same day, some in the morning and others in the afternoon.
- If you fail to enroll in a topic by December 2nd, you will be assigned randomly to one of the open course topics.
- Once classes begin in January, you can change your topic (if seats are available) during the Add & Drop period (Jan. 12th at 9:30am – Jan. 16th at 1pm).
- If you have any questions please email us at email@example.com
Important information to keep in mind when enrolling
You will be able to enroll in the topic through the “Apply now” button. This button will direct you to the enrollment page, where you will be able to select your preferred topic in the drop down list.
As a default, you are automatically and already enrolled in Group Z (which is like being in the middle of nowhere). To enroll in a specific course topic, you must select the topic from the list, just as you see below:
After checking that you have selected the correct course topic, please DO NOT forget to click the blue button: “validate and enroll” which you will find under the data about the topic you selected. If you do not “validate and enroll” then you will stay enrolled only in Group Z and you might lose your chance to choose and enroll in a specific topic.
Once you have validated your enrollment, you will see a message (like the one below) letting you know that the confirmation was successful.
Congratulations! You are now enrolled in a specific topic.
(Note: If you do not see the happy face, then go back and click “Validate and Enroll” again.)